Thoughts, opinions, dreams, travels...

Whatever! ;-)

Friday, August 15, 2008

LiveSTRONG


LiveSTRONG has several meanings to me.

I'm wearing my yellow LiveSTRONG bracelet 24/7 for my Uncle Vic who is going through Radiation & Chemo treatment. I love you Uncle Vic! I think about you everyday and pray that you will be 100% STRONG when this is over. I also pray for strength for my Auntie & cousins because this is not easy on them either. I love you guys!

The other meaning is Living-STRONG. It is amazing what our bodies can do and we treat them like crap. We make them stretch to unbelievable widths and we only ask them to do a fraction of what we can achieve. Lance Armstrong is the inspiration behind these bracelets and he proves that our bodies can overcome cancer, be pushed to the limits and thrive! I loved watching him ride in the Tour de France a few years ago. Watching the Olympics is also a great way to be inspired to push your body to the limits. The athletes train many more hours than what a "normal" person would be able to do, but they are awesome! Well, we can train to be GREAT and we can be HEALTHY! Don't blame your "genetics" for making you unhealthy and overweight. Heart disease, obesity, high blood pressure, diabetes, allergies, asthma, autoimmune illnesses (including lupus) and headaches, can all be the result of your diet. I choose to eat a strict diet. I choose to eat healthy and be fit...I'm living STRONG!