Thoughts, opinions, dreams, travels...

Whatever! ;-)

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Don't Eat Raw Tofu?

I've never heard this before today. Don't eat raw tofu? This is the water packed kind you find in the grocery store. I've been eating tofu for over 20 years. I've suspected a few times that I may have gotten sick from eating it, but was never sure. I finally thought about doing a Google search on it and found an article about "Tofu Tummy". This is exactly what has happened to me! Since moving to New Mexico, this has happened more often. I purchase the tofu within the expiration date, it smells fine, but I get sick. They must have a hard time keeping it at the correct temperature during transport? I don't even know if that's the problem. I think the bacteria grows nicely at refrigerator temperatures. Anyway, I've decided that I'm going to start making my own tofu! No more chancing it with the store bought stuff! (If you've even been sick from it, you will understand!) I found a couple of videos on YouTube.com and it looks easy. I'll let you know how it turns out!