Thoughts, opinions, dreams, travels...

Whatever! ;-)

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Coffee Detox

I started a coffee detox today. This is just another step I'm taking to see how much better I feel. I'm also hoping it will help with my hot flashes and heart palpitations (an extra/large beat). I've been reading a lot about adrenal gland function. I think mine might be stressed. LOL

I don't do white flour, rice, pasta, wheat, alcohol, cigarettes, drugs, etc., so coffee and sugar are my only vises. I eat very little white sugar and I'm very careful about eating natural sugars so it doesn't spike my blood sugar.

This morning I had some Bengal Spice tea with some almond milk in it. Yummy! It even looked like coffee with cream. LOL

I put a book on hold at the library called, "Raw Food Detox Diet". I should be getting it in a week or so. You can check it out at: http://www.therawfooddetoxdiet.com/about_rfdd_book.php

Oh, I almost forgot to mention. I finally found Oat Groats in my town! I soaked a cup over night, drained it and put it in the food processor this morning. I blended it with 1/4 cup of water until it was smooth. I added cinnamon, some walnuts and a banana. It was very good! Hubby could not handle it. He had hot oatmeal this morning so I put the other half in the refrigerator for my breakfast tomorrow.

No comments: